Monday, February 21, 2011

We are not in Utah!

We are in Iowa!!!

As of Feb. 1st we were no longer in Utah. We drove halfway across the country to our new home in Davenport Iowa. Ron starts Chiropractic school in March so we are here for the next 4 years! 
My parents graciously accompanied us on our 1,200 mile trek and we missed all the raging storms that were sweeping across the nation. We feel very blessed and are grateful that we made it in one piece. When we first arrived it was after their blizzard hit here and there was 17' inches of snow on the ground. The interstate roads were fine, but the streets in town were not real safe for driving on. Some men from the elders quorum came and helped us unload the rental truck which was awesome! The apartment is old, but as I have learned everything in this town is old.
Our apartment is a house made into 3 different apartments.When we first came in I was a kind of sad because it smelled old and everything needed to be cleaned. Anyway my parents and brother helped us unpack and then they left the next day. After a little while of unpacking and getting everything in its place we are happy to be here in our new home.
As for me I am looking into a couple of jobs and hopefully will have one that will keep me busy, and have fun at the same time. I am looking into online masters programs, but for now I am just adjusting to my new environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment