Thursday, June 17, 2010

Little Bit'O Tennessee Rain

Just a short update!

Summer is here in Knoxville and I have really enjoyed many of the new changes this past month. The first change I noticed after I came back after having been gone for a week is the increased humidity. Next I noticed that in the evening there were fireflies everywhere! I love them so much it is so cool to see them twinkling every night. 

Summer Knoxville Sunset
Little Town of Knoxville
Third the rain here is crazy. Just the other day it was sunny and hot around 1pm within 15min. torrents of rain were pounding the trees. I took some pictures of the rain pounding the trees, but I am not sure it captures the intensity of the rain. I actually recorded the  rain with the ole camcorder, but I don't know how to put videos on here so the pictures will just have to do!

As you can see the rain drops are huge!

For this picture you will notice the color difference from the picture above. This is because the rain was really coming down and you are looking at the trees through more water.
Just one more picture of the trees getting beat by the heavy rain!
Well now you know why the humidity has increased inviting my new firefly friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment